Monday, June 16, 2014

6-16-14 President's Weekly Letter

Dear Elders and Sisters,

We only had one baptism in our mission last week.

One hundred and one companionships.

One baptism.

I’m sure we can do better. In the words of Elder Funk, “We are living beneath our potential.”

I am having a hard time describing exactly how I feel.

The word “devastated” does not appear in the scriptures.

But it is in Preach My Gospel (pg. 8).

The word “disappointed” appears seven times in the standard works.

Interestingly, “discouraged” also appears seven times.

“Faith” appears 565 times. “Diligence” 52 times.

We can learn more about faith and diligence from the scriptures than we can about disappointment, discouragement or devastation.

I am wondering how well I am fulfilling my calling. Perhaps you are too.

I invite you to join me in fasting and prayer this Sunday.

In addition to fasting for your personal guidance and direction, please fast for me, that I may see where I (we) may improve.

I will fast and pray to know what I can do better.

I will fast and pray for each of you.

President Blickenstaff

Mentor of Champions

No comments:

Post a Comment