Monday, December 1, 2014

12-1-14 President's Weekly Letter

Dear Elders and Sisters,

It was wonderful to see each of you last week as we gathered for Elder and Sister Gong’s visit. I am grateful for the strength of your faith and for the energy that each of you bring to this work.

I learned much as I participated in the mission meetings with Elder Gong. I am excited as I contemplate the ways in which we can improve and look forward to the things that we will accomplish as a result of acting on the inspiration received. I hope that each of you has similar feelings and desires. It is wonderful to gather and be taught and uplifted, but ultimately it is up to each of us to go forth and do the things that we were asked to do, and what the spirit prompted us to do as we were instructed. We must always strive to be “doers of the word, and not hearers only” (James 1:22).

Here is part of an email that I sent to the mission about six months ago:

I believe that, if we are properly engaged and working diligently, we can baptize 60 people each month. I know that there are yet many people in Taiwan “who are only kept from the truth because they know not where to find it” (D&C 123:12).  We will find them if we seek them diligently and with faith that “He will lead you to them or He will lead them to you” (PMG, pg. 155). In order to baptize 60 people per month, we need to average 15 baptisms per week. Another way to look at it is, we need each companionship to baptize every move call. I firmly believe that we can do this.

While Elder Gong was here, I sought his council with respect to our mission goal. As I met with Elders Feigleson and Gassman last night, we also discussed this goal. I invite you to ponder this and discuss it with your companion as well. I remain firm in my faith that we can accomplish this goal. I believe the Lord will help us to achieve righteous goals, and I believe in each one of you. It will require our faith, energy and focus. I know that as we increase our faith, appropriately channel our energy and focus on the key tasks that are before us, we will be able to witness the hand of the Lord in our work to a greater degree. We will see the work progress and we will feel the joy that comes with diligent labor and willing sacrifice.

President Blickenstaff

Mentor of Champions

No comments:

Post a Comment