Wednesday, May 14, 2014

5-13-14 Wuquan District Training Meeting

President called the Taichung zone and district leaders together this week and gave them a special assignment pertaining to District Training Meeting. They were to instruct their missionaries to meet with active members at least three times each week to establish relationships, strengthen them spiritually, and invite them to participate in hastening the work of salvation. 
Perfectly sweet object lesson: M&Ms…Missionaries & Members!
We were pleased as to how this district leader followed through:
He engaged his district in an activity to practice planning their active member visits...
...as well as practicing their visit. These sisters really followed the spirit in their planning and teaching. They discussed a topic with me that invited the spirit immediately, then shared a scripture that, little had they known, had been a deep source of inspiration in my life. They reminded me of the power and promises in Ether 6:6-10, which I had relied heavily upon while preparing for our mission. I was grateful that their message helped me to draw closer to the Savior that, and remember His power in preserving us through every trail. I know members will be greatly strengthened and missionary work will hasten as missionaries follow the spirit in teaching members by the spirit, finding ways to serving them, and inviting them to participate in sharing the gospel.
President concluded DTM by teaching from Preach My Gospel, Chapter 9: The Importance of Members.
The Wuquan District:

No comments:

Post a Comment